Welcome

Welcome

If you are visiting for the first time I would suggest you read my Hello World post, my first post, for an explanation of what this blog is about. Here it is: Link

Thanks

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Funny COD Story

I remembered a funny story from Call of Duty after writing all of that. Kind of illustrates some of the people that play the game.

One day I was playing COD multiplayer, I think it was Black Ops specifically, it was an average game, not too bad and not too good. Then I saw a team mate call in a emergency drop, think that's what it was called, that made 4 boxes with random bonus weapons and perks drop. Next thing I see is the person killing himself with an RPG. And I'm sitting there thinking, "Seriously? You call all that in and kill yourself?". Well not wanting the crates to go to waste I decide to take one, not all four, not three, not even two, but one of the four crates. I normally wouldn't take someone else's crates that they called in but the dude killed himself after calling it in, so I'm assuming he wouldn't put it to good use anyway. So I take one crate and use it. A few minutes later, still while we're in the same game mind you, the guy sends me a voice message.

Here I should probably point out that I wasn't in game chat, I was in a party chat with a friend like I normally am.

So I decide if this guy actually took time out of the game to send this message he's probably not too bright and I should listen to it if only to see what he said. On Xbox live, voice messages are limited to 30 seconds, the message I got from this guy was 30 seconds of the most inventive cursing and threatening I have ever heard. I mean this guy must practice or something, I couldn't have come up with half that crap if you gave me an entire day. So while listening to this message, it just gets more ridiculous and funny. By the end of it I'm laughing my head off, thinking "This guy really needs to chill out, it's a game". So I exit the message while still laughing pretty hard, and for whatever reason it puts me in game chat instead of back into my party. At this point the guy hears me laughing over game chat and starts cursing again like crazy, that just makes it funnier and I start laughing more. The increasingly ridiculous curses tells me he didn't enjoy that. So I get back in my party and tell my friend about it and then report the dude for the message. Wish I still knew his gamer tag just to call him out on it.

Morale of the story, it's just a game. Video games are not life, sometimes you just need to chill out and realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment